Monday, January 01, 2007

Cybernetix - A Doctor Who fanzine.

Cybernetix was a fanzine that I designed and edited in the late ‘80s when I was a fully fledged member of the Cardiff Doctor Who Local Group.

Please click one of the covers below to read more!








Since I began this blog I have realised that over the years I have produced plenty of material (graphics, artwork, written etc) that has sat in drawers for years gathering dust. Cybernetix is one of them, and not having seen the light of day for almost 20 years, I thought I’d attempt to put the material online. In the light of the recent resurgence of popularity of Doctor Who, it seems worthwhile, as I’m sure there may be plenty of people who might want to read it. As far as I’m concerned that’s great! I went to a lot of effort as a kid to make these fanzines. It was a real labour of love, and sadly there was limited outlet for them - only perhaps 15 or 20 copies were ever made of each issue. With the advent of the internet and the wonderful text recognition tools of Adobe Professional, putting the material online has been relatively easy.

A montage of fanzines that I designed & edited. Click to enlarge.

Anonymity of contributors
In an attempt to protect people who wrote for Cybernetix, who might not appreciate their work colleagues discovering they were one a Who-nerd, I have adjusted the names of the contributors (e.g. John Smith would be credited as J.S. If you were a contributor who doesn’t care about the anonymity I have given you, please get in touch and I will gladly restore your full name where applicable.

No comments: