Sunday, April 01, 2007

"The Judoon on the Moon in Wetherspoons" (Doctor Who Series 3 Launch Night Party).

Last night the new series of Doctor Who began, and I had the pleasure of attending the Launch Night Party in London!

Here's a few pictures I took (not particularly good ones, I'm afraid). You can also find some video footage that I edited together for this post (see below).




























The event took place in "The Printworks" which is a JD Wetherspoon pub in Farringdon, London. It was a free event, kindly organised by Doctor Who guru and "official historian" Mr Jeremy Bentham. Basically, the event consisted of 400+ Doctor Who fans getting together in a big pub to watch the new episode on a big screen. It wasn't a convention, but there were a few "celebrities" in attendance: Nicholas Courtney, Waris Hussein (director of "An Unearthly Child"), Paul Cornell, and a bloke who plays monsters in the new series. Oh, and Stephen Moffatt was also there apparently, but I wouldn't have known if I saw him or Paul Cornell because I've no idea what they look like!

Anyway, here's the video...

No comments: