Well this is my very own recipe and it came out very well when I did it last night. I was quite pleased with it considering I invented it myself!
- Olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- A load of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Sour cream (a small tub)
- Lemon juice (a squeeze or two)
- Paprika (2tsp)
- Fresh parsley (a handfull, chopped with stalks removed)
- Salt (1tsp)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Mild chili powder (1/2 tsp)
- Heat the pan then add a slug of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until translucent. (but don’t brown them off, though).
- Add the diced chicken and fry until cooked.
- Add the mushroom and cook until soft and juicy.
- Add the paprika, black pepper, chili powder, salt
- Add parsley, and cook everything together for 5 mins.
- Add garlic, stir in, then cook for another 2 mins.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Add a twist of lemon (to taste). Add more salt if needed.
All measures are approximate. My advice is to do it all to taste, and just taste it as you go. If it tastes bland at the end, it’s probably because you haven’t put in enough salt. The garlic should be added fairly near the end – if it’s put in near the beginning then it won’t have as much garliciness.
*Note: A splash of white wine might go nicely with this one, but I haven’t tried it.